Shefaly tagged me… Thank you! I love those things and it’s been a long while since I filled one out…
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
The Dragon Hunters. But I wanna go tonight… Probably to see Be Kind, Rewind…
2. What book are you reading?
Surprisingly, only two: Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami) and Lilith (Christoph Marzi)
3. Favorite board game?
I’m more of a card playing person. But I do like The Settlers of Catan (even though I always lose).
4. Favorite magazine?
I’m not into magazines that much. But I like BuchKultur (Book Culture, about books and writers) and Profil (political, I only read it at my parents’, because they get it sent home…)
5. Favorite smells?
Coffee, Lemongrass, Miracle by Lancome, one bush with white flowers that I don’t know the name of (Isuck at plants)….
6. Favorite sounds?
The sounds of a library – pages rustling, the occasional cough, concentration. The sound of someone sleeping next to me.
7. Worst feeling in the world?
Being helpless. Being tired but not being able to sleep.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
Is it time to get up already????
9. Favorite fast food place?
I don’t eat a lot of fast food (unless you count the microwave meals from the supermarket) but when I do, it’s usually McDonald’s (yes, I know, I’m evil) or I get a Döner Kebab from one of the thousand places in Vienna.
10. Future child’s name?
I’d love to call a son Jukka, but it’s no good in Austria (because of the Yucca palm that’s pronounced exactly the same). So I settled on Gregor (boy) and Ava (girl). And if there’s more children, the father probably gets a say in it, too :)
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?
travel, get everything on the wishlist and buy a house (because then I’d need the place for my stuff)
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Yes. But I’m trying to get them out. They are so damn clingy, it’s hard. :P If only I could remember to buy mothballs, I could finally put them in the box I already have…
13. Storms – cool or scary?
cool, as long as they don’t destroy stuff.
14. Favorite drink?
Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Water. Diet Coke. Ice Tea.
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
see my friends more, my family more, write a book, travel.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
Yes, why not?
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I’m past that… My hair’s the average European brown and I got to like that. But I had it blond, red, blue (which turned to green after a while). Probably I should dye it pink, just because I’ve never done that before.
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Vienna (Austria), Großwarasdorf (Austria), Vienna (Austria), St. Petersburg (Russia), Vienna (Austria), Mococa (Sao Paulo, Brazil), Vienna (Austria), Kinshasa (DR Congo), Vienna (Austria)
19. Favorite sports to watch?
Rugby, Gaelic Football (not that we get too much of that in Austria…), Football World Cup.
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
I don’t know Shefaly that well yet, but she seems like a smart woman. And she sent me this.
21. What’s under your bed?
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Depends on what my other options are. I like my life, so yes. But I’d find it extremely interesting to live the life of a squirrel.
23. Morning person, or night owl?
Night Owl. But if you define “Morning” as the time you wake me up after a good “night” of sleep (so around noon), I’m a morning person as well :)
24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
25. Favorite place to relax?
Starbucks. My sofa.
26. Favorite pie?
Sachertorte… (ok, not really a pie but a cake). Apple pie. Red currant pie.
27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
I’ll go with the classic rasberry and hazelnut combination…
28. Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first?
I’m not sure because of different time zones and life/work styles. Probably deadra or L.