It’s been a while since I wrote about TV shows that I currently watch and so I thought I’d give myself the meme:
What TV shows do you currently watch?
Older Shows That I’m Finally Getting Around to Watching
– West Wing. At the beginning of Season 6, still unsure whether I want to proceed. As long as I’m unsure, I guess I will go on watching but at a really slow pace.
– Firefly. I have a really bad conscience about this one because I’m supposed to write about it, too, and I can’t seem to get around to either watch the last four episodes or write about them. It’s kinda embarrassing, more than a little ridiculous but I still blame my time table.
Coming Up in this category:
– Recently talked with Co-Workers about Beauty and the Beast, saw that it was partly written by George R. R. Martin and decided that I had to give it a try.
– I still got a lot of animes on my plate, most notably Fullmetal Alchemist and Avatar: The Last Airbender (yes, still. Too many projects, too little time).
– And still more: Lexx. Jericho. Prison Break. Hex.
Guilty Pleasure Shows
– Pretty Little Liars. It’s so good that I’m not even reading the books it’s based on because I don’t want to spoil the show. It’s awesomely brilliant, intelligent trash.
– Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Finished Gods of the Arena and am just getting started with this one. So much gratuitous sex and violence almost makes it impossible for this show to be actually any good, but oh, it is.
– The Vampire Diaries. Okay, this show is bad. But it’s also wonderful.
Shows That Are Really, Really Awesome
– Castle. Intelligent, funny, Nathan Fillion… though I have to admit that I’m growing impatient with the will-they-won’t-they plotline. Decide already, will ya?
– Community. Pure and utter brilliance.
– The Good Wife. From their Social Network riff to Alan Cumming the show is made of win. Also, they manage to not annoy me with the will-they-won’t-they thingy.
– The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon, I love you.
– How I Met Your Mother. Every time I think that the concept is growing old or that the jokes are getting a little tired, they come up with something else that pulls me right back in. Snow problem.
– White Collar. Though I have to admit that I’m growing a little disenchanted by it.
– Fringe. I’m getting more and more intrigued. Which probably means that they’ll cancel it soon.
Shows That I Continue to Watch Though I Don’t Really Know Why
– House. House is annoying, the concept is really old and I’m watching mostly because of a sense of duty. Which is stupid. But every time I get this close to quitting, they play an extraordinary epsiode (like last week’s) and I’m pulled back in.
– Glee. I wish I could have a 10-minute Best Of of every episode. It would include Sue Sylvester, Coach Beiste, Mike Chang dancing and a few Kurt scenes. Everything else bugs the hell out of me and I feel that the scales are tipping more and more in the won’t watch direction.
– Portlandia. The first episode was completely brilliant but ever since it’s been steadily declining.
– 30 Rock. I honestly don’t know why I continue watching, since every second episode offends me deeply. The others only offend me a little bit.
– Harry’s Law. It’s nice, but not great.
– Mr Sunshine. Has the potential to become really good, but so far, it’s not.
Current Shows That I’ve Been Meaning to Start Watching
Boardwalk Empire. Mad Men. Breaking Bad. Supernatural [I’ve decided to give it another try]. NCIS and NCIS: LA. In Treatment [stopped in the middle of the first season. Don’t know why].
Currently On Break, But Awaited
The Closer. Eureka. Warehouse 13. The IT Crowd. Haven. Leverage. True Blood. Doctor Who. Torchwood. The Sarah Jane Chronicles. Lie to Me. Memphis Beat. Sherlock. Nurse Jackie. Episodes.
Looking Forward To
– Game of Thrones. Of course.